Does it seem like your sump pump may be on the verge of breaking down? Unfortunately, all sump pumps have limited lifespans, making it necessary for homeowners to invest in a new sump pump system every 10 years or so. Additionally, because sump pumps experience a great degree of wear and tear, it’s common for these units to need repairs or full replacements, depending on the severity of an issue. Here are some of the most common signs you may be in need of a new sump pump for your buffalo home:
- Loud or vibrating noises coming from sump pump system.
- Visible signs of corrosion, rust, or damage.
- A sump pump that’s 10 years or older.
- A sump pump that’s constantly running and fails to turn on and off.
- A sump pump that runs infrequently or at random times.
- A sump pump that was installed incorrectly the first time.
- A sump pump that has completely stopped functioning.
- Frequent power outages in your home.
If you’re in the market for a new sump pump system, there are different types of models to consider. From battery-powered sump pumps to water-powered sump pumps, there are a variety of units available to meet your needs and preferences. There are also sump pumps with unique features, such as quiet modes, alarms, and freezing protection. Depending on your Buffalo home’s logistics and budget, you’ll have many new sump pump options to consider. It’s best to seek the guidance of a certified sump pump technician who will be able to explain the pros and cons of various model units so you make the best decision.
Above are just some of the red flags indicating that a new sump pump replacement and installation may be needed for your Buffalo home. If you’re unsure of whether you’re in need of a new sump pump, it’s best to get in touch with our team and have your current system inspected. We will diagnose any issues occurring with your pump and recommend the best long-term solution. Contact The Plumber, Heating and Cooling, to schedule an appointment with one of our expert sump pump technicians.